All schools in Ireland/EU, are required to implement the same EMF Risk Assessments and EMF Staff Training as other businesses.
- Conduct General Risk Assessments after installing Wi-Fi.
- Inform / Educate staff, Risks from Intense Wi-Fi exposure.
- Ensure exposure is below sensory effect levels.
- Health surveillance and maintain health records.
Workers identified ‘at particular risk’ from non-ionising exposure:
- Pregnant women
- People with Pacemakers, Hearing Aids etc.
- People with passive implants
- People with body-worn medical devices
At particular risk groups are ADULTS, NOT CHILDREN
2011, Children identified as ‘high-risk group’ when exposed to wireless exposure. Advice contained in Resolution 1815, Council of Europe.
Council of Europe advice: 1)Turn On when using, Turn Off when not 2) Maintain Operational Exposure e.g. no Intense levels.
Wireless Projects will help ensure No Intense Wi-Fi inside Classrooms